World News

Horrific video shows tourists accidentally letting swarm of ‘over 2,000 moths’ into Thailand hotel room

PAI, Thailand – Two British tourists in Thailand were horrified as they inadvertently allowed hundreds of moths to flood their hotel room.

In a series of videos posted on TikTok, Jemma Sayer captured a startling scene in the popular tourist destination of Pai.

The footage shows a massive swarm of insects overtaking their bed and mosquito netting, creating a truly alarming sight.

A man, identified in local news reports as a hotel employee, can be seen surveying the room with a headlamp and bat.

Sayer and her best friend checked into their hotel room and noticed moths coming in through a gap by the door. 

They tried to block the gap with a towel, but “when we opened the door, a cobra launched at us and over 2,000 moths flew into our room,” Sayer said.

According to reports, the friends only opened the door “for a split second.” 

Two British tourists in Thailand accidentally let hundreds of moths into their hotel room.
Two British tourists in Thailand accidentally let hundreds of moths into their hotel room. Jemma Sayer via Storyful
The tourists had to be moved to another hotel room.
The tourists had to be moved to another hotel room. Jemma Sayer via Storyful

The hotel then quickly moved them to a different room, Sayer said.